Cellulaze by Cynosure is a minimally-invasive treatment for the effective improvement of cellulite. It’s a breakthrough procedure that “hyper-targets” cellulite, but leaves surrounding areas unaffected. The system uses a precision laser that stimulates collagen and elastin production, as well as by breaking down the tissue structures that cause cellulite.
Cellulite is an incredibly common skin condition. It is thought that between 80-90% of adult women have it! It can appear for many reasons. Factors that contribute to its development include sex, genetics, and lifestyle. (1) Causing lumps and dimples in areas such as the thighs, hips, and buttocks, cellulite can make many people feel embarrassed about their appearance. Thankfully, with Cellulaze, patients can significantly reduce its appearance for smoother, firmer skin! But how does the system work?
Stop struggling with cellulite and find out more about the amazing aesthetic benefits of Cellulaze. Let Denver’s Advanced Body Sculpting Institute help you with unsightly cellulite. Call us at (303) 708-8770 or fill out a form on our website to arrange a personal consultation to discuss Cellulaze treatment at our state-of-the-art Englewood facility!
Before & After Photos
Before and After Photos
What Causes Cellulite?
Cellulite is an annoyance! What’s more, it’s notoriously difficult to treat without medical assistance. Known in medical terminology as gynoid lipodystrophy, cellulite is an orange peel-like dimpling of the skin that can leave the surface of our skin looking unsightly. The physical attributes of cellulite are well understood, but its development isn’t.
The main reason why cellulite becomes visible is due to a buildup of excess fat, or adipose tissue, under thinner skin. This fat is affected by thicker, fibrous bands of connective tissue within the skin called septae. These septae run vertically from an inner protective layer of thin connective tissue (fascia) to the dermis. Between the septae lies adipose tissue in tight compartments that swell, causing nodules on the surface of the skin, and the familiar appearance of cellulite.
Treatment of Cellulite
Although it is present in both men and women, cellulite is more commonly found in women. It has genetic components, but can also be affected by our diets and body fat percentage. It is also likely to accelerate during adolescence.(2) Despite recent advances in the understanding of cellulite, the way it develops is relatively unclear. However, there have been some promising developments in minimally-invasive procedures to remove it.
Cellulaze is not the first cellulite treatment to have been developed, but it may be one of the most effective. Many patients attempt to use at-home treatments such as abrasive gloves, creams, and massage devices that claim to help improve cellulite, but their effectiveness is questionable. At the doctor’s office, there are many avenues of treatment for cellulite, including subcision (inserting a small needle to destroy fibers), vacuum-assisted tissue release, and liposuction. However, there is one way that has proven to be one of the most popular choices; laser therapy.
What is Cellulaze?
Cellulaze delivers treatment via its 1440 nanometer (nm) ND-YAG laser. Already known to reduce the appearance of deep lines for facial rejuvenation, this wavelength of laser energy is also highly effective in the treatment of cellulite. The Cellulaze surgical laser targets tissues deep in the skin to break down the components of cellulite formation.
Cellulaze Laser Workstation:
- Breakthrough laser treatment for cellulite
- 1440-nm YAG wavelength laser
- Proprietary SideLight™ pulsed delivery
- ThermaGuide™ intelligent temperature control
How Cellulaze Destroys Cellulite
Unlike superficial treatments that focus on the skin’s surface, Cellulaze targets the root of the problem; the structure of the affected skin. As its maker Cynosure states, Cellulaze “destroys the architecture” of cellulite. Its side-firing laser technology enables your provider to target cellulite with extreme precision. The treatment releases the fibrous septae that cause tension between the layers of skin. The ND:YAG laser is proven to maintain effective results at least 1 year post-treatment. (3)
The Cellulaze treatment can be broken down into four distinct phases:
- Targeting Fat: Cellulaze targets pockets of fat with its precision ThermaGuide™ delivery system. Its SideLight™ technology directs laser energy to herniated areas of fat that contribute to bulging.
- Releasing Fibers: Next, the SideLight technology is reoriented to target and break down the fibrous septae that form the fat pockets.
- Tightening Tissue: The energy from the Cellulaze treatment thickens skin and increases skin elasticity in the area.
- Septae Regrowth: Post-treatment, the septae reform, but are configured differently. The production of new collagen smooths skin and enhances its elastic properties, to significantly reduce cellulite.
Ultrasound imaging shows Cellulaze strengthens skin. Research data demonstrated a 22% increase in patient skin thickness.
Why Choose Cellulaze?
Excessive cellulite can stop you from wearing the clothes you want to wear, and lower your body confidence but it doesn’t need to be that way! With Cellulaze treatment, many patients can benefit from:
- Minimally invasive laser treatment
- Measurable improvement in cellulite appearance
- Flatter, smoother skin
- Precise tissue targeting
- Long-lasting, consistent results
- Minimal discomfort and aftercare
- High patient satisfaction rates
Cellulaze treatment has been incredibly successful for many patients. One study found that 92.5% of participants were still satisfied with their results a year later. (4)
Cellulaze is best suited to patients with mild to moderate cellulite. It delivers the best results for women who are close to their ideal body weight and who have cellulite on their thighs. It may not be suitable for patients with diabetes, or with patients who have varicose veins in the area of treatment. Dr. Zuhlke cannot perform Cellulaze treatment on any area of the body with an active skin infection.
With Cellulaze, study participants saw a 32% average increase in skin elasticity 6 months post-treatment! (4)
Advanced Body Sculpting Institute is a leading provider of cellulite treatment in the Denver area. Dr. Zuhlke ensures every patient is well-informed about their chosen treatment, and works with them to formulate the most effective treatment plan. This begins with an initial consultation at our Englewood office. There, you’ll discuss the areas you want to treat, and Dr. Zuhlke will assess your skin’s properties. If you are a suitable candidate for Cellulaze treatment, we will arrange your treatment date. Many patients need only one session to achieve their desired results!
Cost of Cellulite Treatment in Denver, CO
Every treatment plan looks slightly different and is based on individualized goals. Your Cellulaze treatment costs will be calculated after you have met with Dr. Zuhlke at your personal consultation. To book your appointment at Advanced Body Sculpting Institute, please call us directly at (303) 708-8770, or fill out our simple online form.
Does Cellulaze treatment hurt?
Cellulaze technology is minimally-invasive by design. Most patients can expect only mild discomfort. Typically, post-procedure pain can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain relief.
Are there any risks involved with Cellulaze?
Cellulaze is considered a low-risk procedure for most people. Patients should be prepared to experience bruising, swelling, and mild discomfort. Extreme adverse reactions are rare.
Is Cellulaze the same as SmartLipo?
Cellulaze and SmartLipo are used in the same laser platform. They share some similarities, but they are not quite the same. Typically, Smartlipo, or laser lipolysis, is used to remove larger areas of fat from the body. Although Smartlipo can be used for cellulite, Cellulaze is better because it can treat smaller pockets of cellulite, and is usually recommended as the most effective treatment for the condition.
When will I see my results from Cellulaze treatment?
The results of Cellulaze treatment are usually noticeable 1-3 months post-treatment, though results may vary from patient to patient.
How long do results from Cellulaze last?
Cellulaze results last far longer than the majority of competitors. Studies show that results from the ND:YAG laser technology employed in Cellulaze can last for over a year!
- Sadick, N. (2019). Treatment for cellulite. International Journal of Women’s Dermatology, 5(1), 68–72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijwd.2018.09.002
- Tokarska, K., Tokarski, S., Woźniacka, A., Sysa-Jędrzejowska, A., & Bogaczewicz, J. (2018). Cellulite: a cosmetic or systemic issue? Contemporary views on the etiopathogenesis of cellulite. Advances in Dermatology and Allergology, 35(5), 442–446. https://doi.org/10.5114/ada.2018.77235
- DiBernardo, B. E., Sasaki, G. H., Katz, B. E., Hunstad, J. P., Petti, C., & Burns, A. J. (2016). A Multicenter Study for Cellulite Treatment Using a 1440-nm Nd:YAG Wavelength Laser with Side-Firing Fiber. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 36(3), 335–343. https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjv203
- DiBernardo, B. E. (2011). Treatment of Cellulite Using a 1440-nm Pulsed Laser With One-Year Follow-Up. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 31(3), 328–341. https://doi.org/10.1177/1090820×11398353